Applications open TODAY for the Hart Fellowship – 10 months of funding and mentorship for recent Duke graduates to conduct community-based research in the US or abroad.
Learn more at the information session on Thursday, November 30th at 6 PM in Sanford 201 or watch a video of the information session here.
The deadline to apply is 11:59 pm, Wednesday, January 17th, 2024. The complete application, including transcripts and letters of recommendation, must be received by this deadline.
Finalists for the Hart Fellowship will be notified by Wednesday, January 31st, 2024. Finalists will be invited to interview between February 7th–14th, 2024, either on Zoom or in person at the Sanford School of Public Policy. Fellowship offers will be sent by Friday, February 16th, 2024 and the deadline to accept will be Friday, March 1st, 2024.
If you become a Hart Fellow, our program faculty and staff will work with you to review and refine your Fellowship Proposal and finalize placement details. You will be required to:
- Attend the pre-departure Hart Fellowship Retreat.
- Complete your fellowship from July 2024 – April 2025.
- Conduct a community-based research project in collaboration with your community partner.
- Write monthly reflection pieces, research updates, and a midterm report.
- Submit a final report to the Hart Fellowship Program and your community partner.